This is a fun way to get students to retell stories. I learned this from some NNELL friends at a conference a few moons ago. They were using it to review vocabulary. This works great after telling stories. I have used it with my students and they love it!
You will need:
- Masking tape or a marker to create your tic-tac-toe board.
- Place pictures from your stories on the board.
Playing the game:
- Divide the class into two teams
- Take turns to retell the story using sentences or simple words.
- Each team places a card on the board after saying a word or a sentence related to the story. Students can help each other!
- The team to get three cards in a row wins the game.
See the game in action in this Instagram post:
View this post on Instagram
In Colombia 🇨🇴 we call this game “triqui”. What do you call this game?